Thursday, June 23, 2011

How to deal with Fake Tech Support Scam

You can check the phone to avoid a scam advice here, but you'll never receive a legitimate call from a Microsoft or partners who charge you for computer fixes. If someone calls claiming that Microsoft,
Check out the things you need to have in your mind for such scams:

• Never give control to the computer with a third party, unless you can confirm that this is a legitimate representative of the computer support team to which you are already a customer.
• Never provide your credit card or financial information to someone claiming to be from Microsoft tech support if you can not initiate a call to Microsoft first.
• Ask upfront if you have to buy software or pay a fee or subscription-related "services." If there is, hang up the phone.
• Take down the information of the caller and immediately report it to local authorities. If you think you've been the victim of a scam, check out these tips that can help you protect your money and identity.

7 comments:

  1. I got a call yesterday from a company call peepal tri they have a website and defient contact mumbers etc i dont know what or how to believe. How do you know if they are legit or not??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a unlisted call from some guy with a heavy accent telling me i had malware on my computer he sounded as if he was from india I hung up should i pay any mind to this call or ia it a scam like i am thinking

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi tim and jack i think As long as you didnt give any of your personal info to this scammers, you should not to worry about these scams please stay protect from such phone call and do not give them any of your personal info account info....

    Stay Safe....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I to got a call from Peepal tri saying they offer help and support for computer users . their contact numbers are fine and I have been able to contact them on a variety of occasions and they have offered me good advice. But since I have heard about all the possible scams and now dont know what to think or do. They did take control of my computer and am now afraid of the consequences????

    ReplyDelete
  5. there are not all scammers but dont give your any account details to such people untill and unless you are sure of their identity....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got a call from Peepal Tri,I trusted them and went ahead with their advice now I see a complete change in my computers performance.So far it is going fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good tech support company in the world. thanks windows maintenance department

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...